How 400+ B2B Brands Use Their Customer Community to Build a Loyal Army of Advocates
Richard Millington, founder, FeverBee
Richard, one of the world’s top thought leaders on customer communities, will present important results from a massive research project his firm conducted with Facebook and other organizations in Silicon Valley. The goal: discover how 400+ B2B brands build loyal armies of advocates.
The secret for many is simple, they build and tap their community. And it’s easier than it sounds. No-one works for free. But they will respond to a range of incentives, both tangible and intangible, that communities can naturally offer.
Richard will guide you through the community building efforts of top B2B firms to reveal how to identify, nurture, and manage robust advocacy programs. He’ll explain the powerful psychology behind the web’s top B2B communities, and the specific actions the top brands took on their way to success. By the end of this talk. you will know:
- How community advocates help answer customer questions, provide valuable feedback, promote products, increase search traffic, and create valuable content.
- What resources are required to get started. This covers time, money, and human resources in specific details.
- How to get started (whether you do or don’t have an existing community). This covers the specific actions taken by top companies to increase engagement including the exact words and incentives used to motivate engagement.
- What advocates are asked to do and how they are persuaded to do it. This will detail with plenty of examples the specific incentives used to engage top advocates.
- How your efforts compares to the top brands. We’ll be sharing our benchmarks of how top brands compare according to very specific ranking factors.
- How to navigate around the common pitfalls which have undermined many hopeful advocacy programs.
This talk will rely heavily on the proven examples from many of the most familiar B2B brands in the world.